enabling data reporting while reinforcing operational excellence
Worldwide Express (WWEX), a leading global logistics company, faced the challenge of creating a unified reporting platform after acquiring several competitors. They were dealing with a complex tech stack involving several disparate data sources and duplicative reporting tools.
To tackle these challenges, WWEX partnered with evolv to streamline and enhance its data reporting capabilities.
As part of this collaboration, evolv leveraged the power of Power BI, a cutting-edge visualization tool, to consolidate multiple data sources into comprehensive reports. Working closely with reporting users, evolv delved into the details of how the data would be used to ensure the reports provided optimal user experience.
By harnessing the capabilities of Power BI and implementing a single, user-optimized reporting portal, the partnership between WWEX and evolv aimed to empower data-driven decision making and drive business success.
- Increased revenue generation through integrating 3rd party market data with internal data from WWEX and their acquired companies.
- Decreased operational costs by migrating reports from the Tableau Server.
- Provided a unified analytics platform to WWEX leadership with the ability to view and analyze data for all brands in one place.
- Enhanced speed of reporting of the reporting models using the star schema approach and enabled future potential to load data into a data lake, rather than pulling from disparate sources.
- Enabled self-serviced reports with Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), where appropriate, from Power BI’s web portal.
- Provided effective Data Cataloging using Confluence to catalog reports, definitions, and versioning.
- Fostered innovation by pioneering the use of Microsoft’s new Fabric Lakehouse feature to process massive data loads for large company-wide reports.